I'd like to thank the Academy, my parents for all their love and support, my two furry friends Tai and Pretty Kitty, and my beloved Mr. Retro. Couldn't have done it without you, babe! (Triumphantly raises award over head...)
That's right, folks, I won a Liebster Blog Award! The lovely Sue of Sewin' Steady gifted this awesome award to me, and for that I'm very grateful! Thank you Sue! And seriously, friends, if you have not checked out Sue's blog, you must. She's got a very wry sense of humor and a killer sense of style. And I have to say, I feel a kinship to this lovely lady. So please, go check her out!
Some of you may be asking, "What the deuce is the Liebster Blog Award?" Well, my friends, it is a blog award awarded from one blogger with less than 200 followers to another with less than 200 followers. It, essentially, is a way to give a little love and a shout-out to those (rightfully so) amazing bloggers who don't have legions of followers. A little about the award:
The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it means favorite or dearest to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.The "rules" are as follows:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
- Copy/paste the blog award on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to five (5) blog with 200 followers or less.
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment.
253 a ridiculous amount of blogs. Trying to narrow this down to five fabulous bloggers wasn't easy. Some I have no idea how many followers they have, but I assume many as these are wonderful ladies and gents who have been blogging for years. Many already have followers well into the hundreds. A few--Paunnet, JuliaBobbin, and Girl with the Star-Spangled Heart--clock in at just over 200 followers and are therefore, unfortunately, ineligible. After much careful deliberation (aided by a Martini or two), I'd like to pass this award along to the following deliciously delightful bloggers:
- Idle Fancy, where the oh-so-stylish proprietress, Mary, blogs about her adventures in sewing. Her finished garments are adorably girly yet age appropriate.
- At Willow Homestead, BoPeep chronicles her adventures in vintage, sewing, and homesteading. Friends, she has a small flock of sheep. My most fondest wish is to move to the moors of Scotland and become a shepherdess. For now, I live vicariously though this blog.
- Bimble & Pimble is, hands down, one of the most hilarious sewing blogs EVER. Amanda has the best blog "voice" and quite literally makes me spit liquid via my nostrils on a semi-regular basis.
- My love affair with Cation Designs began when I realized she was as big a geek as I. Seriously, check out her Gollum Valentine print-out, her LOTR embroidery, her Star Wars and LOTR snowflakes, her Star Wars dress, and her Superman dress.
- Dibs and the Machine hails from the UK and has a sassy attitude and style I really adore. She's super cute to boot, too.
So there you go... congratulations ladies and thank you for being awesome bloggers!